+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know if its illegal to drive without a hood?

Does anyone know if its illegal to drive without a hood?

some day soon i am going to look into getting my hood redone to get ride of rock chips and do boser hood extensions and fill in the hood notch. Does anyone know of a good shop near the qc and is it illegal to drive without a hood for a few days???

2003 audi a4 1.8tQT manual avant APR stage 2+!!!
    2002 jetta glx vr6 5spd
    Raz scooter (turd)
    1993 CBR600
    1998 civic dx
    1992 civic lx

Major sh!tluck is gettin' that street cred!
    you'll look like a douche

well not like thats anything out of the ordinary

2002 jetta glx vr6 5spd
    Raz scooter (turd)
    1993 CBR600
    1998 civic dx
    1992 civic lx

Lieutenant justin is startin' to get that street cred!
    good job answering the question!

it probably depends on the cop. most states require that anything that came on the vehicle from the factory stay installed when operating said vehicle on public roads. i would think that a cop would notice a missing hood, just hope that cop sucks at his job.

well i encounter at least 1 cop, 2 sheriffs and a trooper on my every day commute to work and about the same home so this may not be a good option for me

2002 jetta glx vr6 5spd
    Raz scooter (turd)
    1993 CBR600
    1998 civic dx
    1992 civic lx

the ginger GOD Jameson250s is startin' to get that street cred! Jameson250s's Avatar
    I don't have mine on lol

PKG OG beaner, circa '09 kaninchen is startin' to get that street cred! kaninchen's Avatar
    Unless you want debris in your engine.

Don't risk getting raped by the big Dick of law
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklloyd View Post
    we offer witty insults for 20 dollars.....
    82 Scirocco
    90 Toyota Celica GT as El Daily driver.

Quick, like a Bunny! stuckinames is startin' to get that street cred! stuckinames's Avatar
    just go strap on, get a silver tarp. SMART!

EUR Mechaniker rubberpenguin is gettin' that street cred! rubberpenguin's Avatar
    it is indeed illegal to drive lacking a hood. for some reason police claim this is a danger to others but i dont understand why... its not like a missing hood is simply going to make shit fly out of your engine bay... i have driven my vr in the past many times without a hood as well as my 3 series and i got pulled over this is how i know.

I'll get a hammer. oldschoolvw is startin' to get that street cred! oldschoolvw's Avatar
    i've driven without a fender before, I think it just depends on the cops that you encounter.
    They were expected to accomplish nothing so they could try anything. Audacity beckoned...

Captain 65dunebuggy is startin' to get that street cred!
    Yes it is illegal to drive with out a hood. Its even illegal to drive with out bumpers. Iowa isn't like California which is Nazis about car mods or missing pieces.
    2012 Candy White 4-Door Golf R [/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE]

PKG OG beaner, circa '09 kaninchen is startin' to get that street cred! kaninchen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 65dunebuggy View Post
    Yes it is illegal to drive with out a hood. Its even illegal to drive with out bumpers. Iowa isn't like California which is Nazis about car mods or missing pieces.
    Don't forget California's communist dictatorial emission control system
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklloyd View Post
    we offer witty insults for 20 dollars.....
    82 Scirocco
    90 Toyota Celica GT as El Daily driver.

Lieutenant veedubbin is startin' to get that street cred!
    just tell em that youre getting work done on it. if there not super big assholes, they would probably understand

Scirocco Master MurA1 is startin' to get that street cred! MurA1's Avatar
    The car will feel WAY different w/o a hood. I drove my Golf a couple of times without one and it was quite different (not as tight.) Especially on the highway.
    The Big Rr Hett
    It doesn't matter if society approves, you need to follow your dreams!

Hoytimus Prime OrangeDUB is so Euro! OrangeDUB's Avatar
    Fuck it man, it's not a permanent thing. Or have it done on a weekend or something... You might e able to borrow a hood but idk how that would work.

Just Dip It! Loccusst is startin' to get that street cred! Loccusst's Avatar
    If for a few days the cop will probably understand the car is being worked on. They will prob give you a fix it ticket anyway.
    "This car can be vicious, but in an amusing way...like a shark in a funny hat"
    Jeremy Clarkson

Listening to the sound of a 24V VR6 from behind the wheel makes you feel like Godzilla rampaging through Tokyo and causing civilians to run screaming in terror.

Hoytimus Prime OrangeDUB is so Euro! OrangeDUB's Avatar
    Make a temporary all-cardboard hood that's covered in duct tape. Hood scoops, etc. It would be epic.

Captian Slow HM Murdock is startin' to get that street cred! HM Murdock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDUB View Post
    Make a temporary all-cardboard hood that's covered in duct tape. Hood scoops, etc. It would be epic.
    this
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

I'll get a hammer. oldschoolvw is startin' to get that street cred! oldschoolvw's Avatar
    will they need to blend the paint into the front fenders? if so, they will need the whole car for a least part of the process. You may need to just go ahead and find a car to borrow. If the shop doesn't need your car for the painting process, and you don't have access to another car, then I'd just go for it. Jeep guys run without doors and shit all the time, same thing IMHO.
    They were expected to accomplish nothing so they could try anything. Audacity beckoned...

+ Reply to Thread